.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

OOTD: DIY Blanket Jacket + Pattern Review V8696

Hi darlings! Thank you so much for the comments on my post yesterday, I am happy if it helps even one person to feel encouraged so having reached so many is just an even bigger blessing! 

I have had this piece of fabric in my stash since my trip to San Fran earlier this year and I couldn't wait to make something with it. I knew that I wanted to make a blanket inspired jacket and since the plaid is a large scale plaid it was easy to match up. I choose to work with Vogue Pattern 8696 and reviewed it below and on PR.


Get The Look

DIY Blanket Jacket V8696 or  similar HERE and HERE / Wide Leg Jeans (old) similar HERE / Steve Madden Handbag HERE / Wrap Around Belt (old) similar HERE





Pattern Review V8696 View C



Pattern Description: Loose-fitting, tunic length jackets A, B, C have side seam pockets, wide collar forming drape, long sleeves and topstitching detail. C: unlined, unfinished outer edges, topstitched collar seams, wrong side of fabric will show. 

Pattern Sizing: I cut the small

Did it look like the photo/drawing once you were done sewing with it? Yes I think it does.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the blanket style jackets and this one is so easy to sew up out the envelope.

Fabric Used: Boucle Clearance Piece from Britex during my trip to San Fran

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None

Would you sew it again? Yes! I plan to make several of these for my "California Winter"

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, it is a quick project and easy to follow.


xoxo
Mimi G.

38 comments:

  1. MIMI!!!! You need to stop, 'cause you're killin' 'em. Girl!!! That blanket jacket is sssiiiccckkk!!! I have to make that!!! #inlove

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soo beautiful.you are a star.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSS! How did you finish the edges? Is that a rolled serger hem? It looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket jacket is beautiful, I love the fabric and the colors!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could move near you and intern for you :) you are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look, I am running out of adjectives....
    so, I will just say....
    me....wanty.....love....yessssssssssssssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, looks great with that belt and bag

    'All things J' http://trinibkbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi, I never woulda thought that pattern could look so rad (for a company under the Vogue umbrella you'd think they be better at styling!) just added to my to-do list. Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man...that blanket jacket is fabulous!! I have got to make something like that. I've got some good fabric in my stash for it too. You've styled it to perfection too (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I want a blanket jacket. I saw some nice blanket wool at Mood over the weekend I might need to go back for a second look. I love you jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that sweater is everything!!! Love the entire look as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like! I'm going to have to checkout this patern

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I'll have to add it to my wishlist =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mimi just a fall back on yesterdays blog, I must say I am one you lady you have encouraged and that blanket jacket speechless

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to buy that pattern tomorrow after work! That is sharp, and would definitely work for Houston's winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You never cease to make my jaw drop! Love this blanket jacket, and the belt was a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome jacket. I love how the stripes chevron in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loves it! Definitely making one for myself! I was wondering how that was going to turn out. And the belt was a perfect accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is FABULOUS.....so creative! U look great! Keep the ideas coming....

    ReplyDelete
  20. I only have one word to describe this coat "LURVS" -- Looks great, I couldn't picture what you meant when you first posted the fabric and told us you wanted a blanket coat, this is super fashionable I really do "lurvs" it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very chic! I love the look. This has the look of a great blanket wrap, but it looks like the fabric is no where near as bulky as a typical blanket wrap jacket. Plus I love the flattering flare at the back. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First off you look beautiful. Everyday. I love this jacket. Do you think its a decent project for beginner's?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there! This is my first comment here so
    I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your
    blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that
    deal with the same subjects? Appreciate it!
    Here is my web site : http://www.netblase.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. http://www.lowpricefabric.com/c-808-coating-outerwear.aspx
    Check out the coating we have up. It would be great for this pattern.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  25. http://www.lowpricefabric.com/c-808-coating-outerwear.aspx
    Check out this fabric we have. It would be great with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you remember how much fabric this project took?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.